What's the weather like during October in Namibia?
October is the end of the dry months. There is still an abundance of wildlife at the waterholes across Etosha National Park and the neighbouring private game reserves. Whales and dolphin watching are also popular during October in the coastal towns of Walvis Bay and Swakopmund. Clouds start to build in the afternoons from the middle of October. You can expect the occasional thundershower.
- Average Day Time Temperature = 30 degrees Celsius
- Average Night Time Temperature = 15 degrees Celsius
- Average Rainfall = 12MM
- Average Daylight Hours = 12.5
Namibia Weather in October
- Days are warm to hot.
- Nights are warm, but the occasional cold evening might surprise you.
- October is the last of the dry months.
Namibia Highlights in October
- Game viewing, Photography, Self-Drive Tours and Fly-In safaris are in full swing during October.
- Chances of spotting lions during October are pretty good
- Stargazing is still fantastic during October
- Cloud formations at sunset are incredible during October.
Namibia Lowlights in October
- Accommodation prices are still high
- Space at lodges is still limited.
- The hot weather can get uncomfortable on game drives.