What's the weather like during February in Namibia?
February is the wettest month of the year in Namibia. There is plenty to enjoy, especially if you plan on visiting the drier areas such as Sossusvlei, the Fish River Canyon, and the Skeleton Coast.
- Average Day Time Temperature = 32 degrees Celsius
- Average Night Time Temperature = 16 degrees Celsius
- Average Rainfall = 55MM
- Average Daylight Hours = 12
Namibia Weather in February
- The daytime temperatures are high, and the evenings are warm.
- It is right in the middle of the rain season, so expect some thundershowers in the afternoons.
- You can expect game viewing to be difficult during this period.
Namibia Highlights in February
- Availability of properties is good
- Rates are relatively low
- There are very few tourists in Namibia during February. This is an excellent benefit while travelling in Namibia, as it creates a massive sense of emptiness and tranquillity.
- February is an excellent time to visit the desert areas and the Skeleton Coast.
- Bird watching is at its peak during February.
- The Kunene and Okavango river water levels are high and set the perfect environment for bird watching.
Namibia Lowlights in February
- The heat can get intolerable in some parts of Namibia
- Game viewing is challenging
- This is not a good time to visit Etosha National Park
- Some travellers might not enjoy all the rain
- As there’s so much water, animals are more dispersed through Namibia’s safari areas and do not need to visit water holes.