What's the weather like during September in Namibia?
September is still a dry month in Namibia. The days are getting warmer, and the nights are not as cold as in August. Wildlife is still excellent, and the lodges are still filled to capacity. The private reserves are also great options for luxury safaris.
- Average Day Time Temperature = 27 degrees Celsius
- Average Night Time Temperature = 11 degrees Celsius
- Average Rainfall = 1MM
- Average Daylight Hours = 12
Namibia Weather in September
- The daytime temperatures are on the moderate to warm side.
- It is the driest month in most years.
- Temperatures increase at a steady pace during September
- Make sure to pack for warm days and cold nights. Down jackets and fleecy clothing are perfect.
Namibia Highlights in September
- September’s clear skies provide excellent conditions for wildlife viewing
- Etosha is still extremely busy during September.
- The private reserves bordering Etosha National Park make for great alternatives. The game density in these private reserves is at its peak during September.
- Animals congregate in large numbers at the last few waterholes during September.
- It’s an excellent month for wildlife and landscape photography throughout Namibia.
Namibia Lowlights in September
- You still have to book well in advance to secure your lodging. We recommend booking one year in advance.
- Prices are still high during September.
- Etosha National Park is still jam-packed during the first half of September.
- The roads and air can be highly dusty at times.
- Pollen levels are also higher during September.
Ready to Discuss Your Safari Plans?
Our seasoned team specializes in designing personalized safaris in Namibia. From top-notch accommodations to memorable wildlife encounters, we tailor every aspect to suit your preferences. Whether you're a safari veteran or a first-timer, our commitment to excellent service promises an unforgettable adventure.