What's the weather like during May in Namibia?
May is the start of the dry season in Namibia – Game viewing tends to be pretty good during May. Etosha National Park starts to get busier too. Overall, May is a good month for a Namibian safari holiday.
- Average Day Time Temperature = 25 degrees Celsius
- Average Night Time Temperature = 8 degrees Celsius
- Average Rainfall = 6MM
- Average Daylight Hours = 11
Namibia Weather in May
- The daytime temperatures are mild to warm.
- Namibia gets increasingly dryer during May.
- Nighttime temperatures start dropping to below 10 degrees Celsius
- Make sure to bring warm clothing for the chilly evenings
Namibia Highlights in May
- The landscapes are still covered in grass and flowers, making for good landscape photography.
- Most of the bugs have disappeared.
- Water sources dry up, so greater concentrations of wildlife may be viewed at permanent rivers and waterholes.
- May is a fantastic time for a hot air balloon flight.
- The overall weather conditions during May are excellent.
Namibia Lowlights in May
- Booking your preferred lodges can become tricky, so book well in advance.
- May is the start of the busy season.
- The nights and mornings can get quite chilly, be sure to have your down jacket with you.