What's the weather like during May in Namibia?
May is the start of the dry season in Namibia - Game viewing tends to be pretty good during May. Etosha National Park starts to get busier too. Overall, May is a good month for a Namibian safari holiday.
- Average Day Time Temperature = 25 degrees Celsius
- Average Night Time Temperature = 8 degrees Celsius
- Average Rainfall = 6MM
- Average Daylight Hours = 11
Namibia Weather in May
- The daytime temperatures are mild to warm.
- Namibia gets increasingly dryer during May.
- Nighttime temperatures start dropping to below 10 degrees Celsius
- Make sure to bring warm clothing for the chilly evenings
Namibia Highlights in May
- The landscapes are still covered in grass and flowers, making for good landscape photography.
- Most of the bugs have disappeared.
- Water sources dry up, so greater concentrations of wildlife may be viewed at permanent rivers and waterholes.
- May is a fantastic time for a hot air balloon flight.
- The overall weather conditions during May are excellent.
Namibia Lowlights in May
- Booking your preferred lodges can become tricky, so book well in advance.
- May is the start of the busy season.
- The nights and mornings can get quite chilly, be sure to have your down jacket with you.
Ready to Discuss Your Safari Plans?
Our seasoned team specializes in designing personalized safaris in Namibia. From top-notch accommodations to memorable wildlife encounters, we tailor every aspect to suit your preferences. Whether you're a safari veteran or a first-timer, our commitment to excellent service promises an unforgettable adventure.