What's the weather like during June in Namibia?
June is the first actual dry month in Namibia - according to many, this is one of the best months for a safari in Namibia, with high concentrations of wildlife, excellent weather and not too crowded in the national parks. We recommend coming in June if your schedule allows it.
- Average Day Time Temperature = 22 degrees Celsius
- Average Night Time Temperature = 6 degrees Celsius
- Average Rainfall = 3MM
- Average Daylight Hours = 10
Namibia Weather in June
- Days are warm, and nights are cool
- The sky is blue; the air is crisp and clean
- Night temperatures can drop considerably; make sure to have warm clothing.
Namibia Highlights in June
- As the dry season’s first month, parks and reserves are less crowded.
- There are very few bugs at night
- It’s a great time of year to be on safari
- Get ready for plenty of game viewing around the various waterholes in Etosha National Park.
- The dense vegetation has disappeared, making spotting wildlife much easier
- Stargazing is excellent in June, especially in the dark sky reserve at Namib Rand.
Namibia Lowlights in June
- Finding accommodation can get tricky if not booked well in advance
- Be prepared to start paying more for lodges and activities in June
- Nights can get cold in June
Ready to Discuss Your Safari Plans?
Our seasoned team specializes in designing personalized safaris in Namibia. From top-notch accommodations to memorable wildlife encounters, we tailor every aspect to suit your preferences. Whether you're a safari veteran or a first-timer, our commitment to excellent service promises an unforgettable adventure.