What's the weather like during July in Namibia?
Namibia’s second dry-season month, July is excellent for wildlife viewing - lots of species cluster around very few water sources, and the lack of plant life makes for excellent visibility on vehicle and walking safaris.
- Average Day Time Temperature = 20 degrees Celsius
- Average Night Time Temperature = 6 degrees Celsius
- Average Rainfall = 1MM
- Average Daylight Hours = 11
Namibia Weather in July
- The days are warm with clear skies.
- The evenings are chilly, and the nights are cold.
- The coastal regions can get icy cold winds fuelled by the prevailing southwester.
- Make sure to dress warmly during early morning and night time game drives.
Namibia Highlights in July
- Wildlife viewing during July is spectacular.
- Etosha National Park is excellent during July; expect to see most animal species.
- By July, most water sources have disappeared, and the animals must congregate around the few waterholes left.
- Wildlife is spotted with ease.
- Stargazing is also magical during July.
Namibia Lowlights in July
- We advise that you book your accommodation well in advance
- Accommodation prices are high
- The nights in July can get extremely cold
- Etosha National Park and Sossusvlei see a large influx of tourists.
Ready to Discuss Your Safari Plans?
Our seasoned team specializes in designing personalized safaris in Namibia. From top-notch accommodations to memorable wildlife encounters, we tailor every aspect to suit your preferences. Whether you're a safari veteran or a first-timer, our commitment to excellent service promises an unforgettable adventure.