What's the weather like during January in Namibia?
January is one of the hottest months in Namibia. The mornings are windless, dry and hot from early. You can expect thunderstorms in the afternoons. The evenings are still hot. The golden hour in the evenings is perfect for landscape photography, with the clouds adding a mood to your photographs.
- Average Day Time Temperature = 30 degrees Celsius
- Average Night Time Temperature = 21 degrees Celsius
- Average Rainfall = 48MM
- Average Daylight Hours = 13
Namibia Weather in January
- Hot and dry days in the central parts, hot and humid up north in the Zambezi region.
- Make sure to apply sunblock at regular intervals if you plan to spend much time outdoors.
- Pack a lightweight raincoat if you are travelling in Namibia during January.
- The coastal town of Swakopmund and the rest of the Skeleton Coast has a much cooler climate than the rest of the country.
- You can also expect much less rain in the extreme southern parts of Namibia.
Namibia Highlights in January
- Accommodation prices are relatively low during January.
- January is a great time in Namibia for landscape photography.
- Thousands of flamingos gather at the lagoon and salt pans in Walvis Bay.
Namibia Lowlights in January
- Spotting animals on safari in January is much more challenging. The vegetation is also much thicker.
- There are plenty of mosquitos and other bugs around.
- The day temperatures can get uncomfortably hot.
Ready to Discuss Your Safari Plans?
Our seasoned team specializes in designing personalized safaris in Namibia. From top-notch accommodations to memorable wildlife encounters, we tailor every aspect to suit your preferences. Whether you're a safari veteran or a first-timer, our commitment to excellent service promises an unforgettable adventure.