What's the weather like during August in Namibia?
August is the busiest month of the year in Namibia. European school holidays and ideal safari conditions are the reasons for the influx of travellers. The weather is fantastic during August, the temperatures still fluctuate between warm and cold, but it is manageable. Game viewing is almost at its peak during August.
- Average Day Time Temperature = 22 degrees Celsius
- Average Night Time Temperature = 6 degrees Celsius
- Average Rainfall = 0MM
- Average Daylight Hours = 11
Namibia Weather in August
- Daytime temperatures are moderate to warm.
- The skies are clear and cloudless.
- August is one of the two driest months in Namibia
- The mornings can still feel chilly during August
- Be sure to pack lightweight, warm clothing for your early morning and night time game drives.
- The chance of rain during August is close to zero.
Namibia Highlights in August
- August is one of the best months in Namibia for a safari holiday
- Etosha National Park can get crowded during August.
- The concentration of wildlife is almost at its peak during August
- Stargazing in the dark sky reserve is something truly magical. Make sure to download a celestial tracking app on your phone.
- August is one of the best months for all-around photography.
Namibia Lowlights in August
- It is recommended to book at least one year in advance to secure the lodges you have in mind.
- Expect to pay extra during August; it is worth it though!
- Etosha can feel crowded, as it’s a trendy destination this time of year.
- The temperatures in the desert can dip below zero in August.