What's the weather like during April in Namibia?
Emerging from the wet season, Namibia is teeming with life – and where parks and reserves start to dry up a bit, wildlife starts to cluster around water sources.
- Average Day Time Temperature = 26 degrees Celsius
- Average Night Time Temperature = 12 degrees Celsius
- Average Rainfall = 28MM
- Average Daylight Hours = 11
Namibia Weather in April
- Temperatures are moderate and comfortable on the whole
- Days are generally warm, but nights are becoming cooler
- It’s the end of the rainy season, though heavy late rains can still be had
Namibia Highlights in April
- It’s a great time to visit the Skeleton Coast National Park and Damaraland.
- April is an excellent time for a photographic safari, especially for landscape photography.
- Availability at the lodges is still relatively good.
- Lodge rates are still in low season rates.
- The bugs are starting to get fewer.
- The air is crisp, and the skies are blue with little to no clouds.
- The wildlife starts returning to the waterholes.
- This is still an excellent time for bird watching.
- During April, some of the desert areas are transformed into shades of green and bright coloured flowers.
Namibia Lowlights in April
- Game viewing in Namibia is still not excellent during April.
- The gravel roads might still be in poor to average condition.
- Heavy rains can still be around in some years, but typically there’s not much rain during April in Namibia.