What's the weather like during April in Namibia?
Emerging from the wet season, Namibia is teeming with life - and where parks and reserves start to dry up a bit, wildlife starts to cluster around water sources.
- Average Day Time Temperature = 26 degrees Celsius
- Average Night Time Temperature = 12 degrees Celsius
- Average Rainfall = 28MM
- Average Daylight Hours = 11
Namibia Weather in April
- Temperatures are moderate and comfortable on the whole
- Days are generally warm, but nights are becoming cooler
- It’s the end of the rainy season, though heavy late rains can still be had
Namibia Highlights in April
- It’s a great time to visit the Skeleton Coast National Park and Damaraland.
- April is an excellent time for a photographic safari, especially for landscape photography.
- Availability at the lodges is still relatively good.
- Lodge rates are still in low season rates.
- The bugs are starting to get fewer.
- The air is crisp, and the skies are blue with little to no clouds.
- The wildlife starts returning to the waterholes.
- This is still an excellent time for bird watching.
- During April, some of the desert areas are transformed into shades of green and bright coloured flowers.
Namibia Lowlights in April
- Game viewing in Namibia is still not excellent during April.
- The gravel roads might still be in poor to average condition.
- Heavy rains can still be around in some years, but typically there’s not much rain during April in Namibia.
Ready to Discuss Your Safari Plans?
Our seasoned team specializes in designing personalized safaris in Namibia. From top-notch accommodations to memorable wildlife encounters, we tailor every aspect to suit your preferences. Whether you're a safari veteran or a first-timer, our commitment to excellent service promises an unforgettable adventure.